Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Companero ibnu Qadir

To My brother Hafidz Hakimi ,

Assalamualaikum, may this letter reach you in the best of health. I am never goods with words and to speak in Bahasa Malaysia is not difficult, but in expressing my feelings in the national language I truly find difficulties ; even in the midst of PPSMI.
So here goes. Kimi, you have always been my brother, always am and always will, inshaALLAH. In time when I traverse through wrong path and roads, you were always there to advice in the wisest manner and most effective way. For that, I am greatly indebted to you.
I am shameful of myself and whenever I think again, I was never there where you are down to give you support and be there to give a helping hand. Life has it many mischievous tricks, off which I fell into its traps, sadly and unfortunately.
My sincerest and deepest apologies for the time I have been forgetful and for times not being there. Sentimental as this letter may sound, that is another reflection of me. True, our wittings best reflect whom we are.
And again, after not being there for you, you were there especially this semester to get my foot back to the path I should traverse and walk in spite of being in absence in times you were in need of friends. But Allah is kind, He blessed with you with friends and brothers. You know who they are better than I do. Allah is there always for His faithful servants such as you.
In this letter, much as I may and can thank you, in reality words of gratitude and thanks are insufficient. However, knowing you, and yes I know, among all friends that I have you know me best, you will humbly say it’s your responsibly and give thanks to Allah. You are a friend who knows my darkest ebbs, times when I’m down, troubled and blue. But, I do know for some surety, I may and in fact do not know you as well as you know me. For that, I feel very discreditable.
I can only now wish and pray that Allah The Most Merciful and Compassionate, bless you and shower His blessings and barakah upon you..For only Him can give you the best of everything for I a humble servant of Him cannot do. My late father, whom I revered him as Walid wrote to on my 12th birthday, he returned to rahmatullah a month later, on my birthday card “ … zack, as you grow up I am getting old, … , remember this , for wisdom cannot be bought but only through knowledge and experience” . This, I haven’t told anyone except for a few close relatives and you my dear brother.
I end this letter by wishing you ‘Thank you very much”.
P.S – Hasta la Victoria siempre.

Fondest Regards,

No comments: